Tuesday, February 3, 2009

But officer, all I had was a small slice of pepperoni. Honest!

My son made this pizza. From scratch. All by himself. I had to eat it. Right? No, not right. I could have had just a piece and not the entire thing. After all a piece of it will taste just the same as the rest of it. I don't drink an entire bottle of wine at one sitting yet I feel compelled to eat an entire pint of icecream all at once.

In fact, now that I think about it some more, I am amazingly cautious about having even a glass of wine if I know I will be driving in an hour. I NEVER risk having even the slightest amount of booze in my body before I get behind the wheel of a car.

Ooh- Ooh-Oooh!

What if I pretend I could get pulled over by law enforcement and arrested for overeating? Maybe the next time I go out for dinner I could try to have this kind of a conversation:

Waiter: Would you like to see our dessert menu?

Me: No,thank you. Really. I can't. I'm driving tonight. I don't want to leave here and get into my car with chocolate on my breath. It's not worth the risk.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We compliment each other. I am the other way around.

(okay, not really. I have an open bottle of wine in my fridge, but given the option I am going with the wine. Then I get drunk and finish the pizza.)

Anonymous said...

But that pizza looks really good.

Now I'm hungry.

Crap.

Devra said...

I'm a sucker for fresh Mozzerella.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin Bookmark and Share