Friday, July 17, 2009

On Tea, and Diets and Mysteries*

I know when you are on a quest to lose weigh one of the most important things is drinking lots of water. I know from weight watchers meetings of yore and diet blogs of today that a lot of people have trouble with drinking water. They think it is boring or gross.

I love water (if it is cold) and I could drink it all day, but there is one big problem with water.

Water lacks caffeine.

This is a problem for me.
So I have been brewing my own iced tea at home. This way I feel like I am drinking something with flavor, it has zero calories and it is yummy.

This is all assuming you like unsweetened tea which I do.

Another bonus of tea is that it is easier on the stomach than drinking vast quantities of coffee, it has far less sugar than an energy drink, less carcinogens than diet soda and less empty calories than regular soda.

Of course you have to keep in mind that you still need water to counteract the caffeine, but it still helps me eat less.




* The mystery can either be the fact that I never wrote anything about a mystery so why didn't I change the blog title or you can just know that I keep misplacing my iced tea and it turned out not to be interesting enough to talk about.

1 comment:

This Mama Cooks! said...

Try to find (or special order) Celestial Seasoning's cold brew iced teas. The mint and the peach are especially good. The peach and raspberry have caffeine - always a good thing. And those stir in powdered drink mixes are good, just don't use the total amount since they're too sweet - even the zero calorie ones.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin Bookmark and Share