Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I lost 5 Pounds. Happy Flu Year!


2009 came in with most of our family in one of our three bathrooms. While most people were ringing in the New Year, we were worshipping the porcelain god. The result of which was the ball dropped as did 5 pounds. But I know that kind of loss-for me, not the ball-won't be permanent. In an effort to keep as much of that loss as possible, I have decided to keep a food journal. This isn't anything new, in fact successful weightlosers have done this for years. I've just attempted it periodically and failed. However, I'm going to try it again. Just differently. And maybe, just maybe I will be successful and even lose some more El Bees.

I'm going to post every single I put into my pie hole. Certainly it will be riveting to read; You'll laugh, you'll cry, you will scream, "What the hell is she putting in her pie hole?" I will be a prolific name dropper of products. Not because I'm on the take or shilling, but because I know when I read "chicken with vegetables" I think "yawn" and I'm not inspired at all to eat that myself. But if I read, "sauteed chicken with Lipton's Vegetable soup mix, diced water chestnuts, 1/3 fat philly cream cheese and doctored up with 1/4 cup white wine, fresh garlic and seasonings" that sounds like something I might be willing to try to make myself. Truth be told, that is just what we had for dinner last night. It was a *safe* meal and I am happy to report it stayed where it was supposed to stay. No one in my family revisited the meal hours later. But enough about our Flu year. Moving on...

Every day I will post everything going into my pie hole. It will be one post a day which I will update as more goes into my mouth and down the hatch. So without further ado, here is the first post of

"What Went Into Devra's Pie Hole"
Breakfast (that's right, I am trying to eat breakfast.) Quaker Oats Low Sugar Apple and Cinnamon Instant Oatmeal made with water. 2 cups of Luzianne coffee. Each made with a tablespoon of fat free half and half and 4 packets of Splenda.(Those of you who are coffee purists like my mother, I apologize for my bastardization of your beloved.)

Lunch: 3/4 cup white rice, leftover Chinese food; exactly three pieces of tangerine beef. 2/3 cup Breyer's Natural Chocolate ice cream. 1 12 oz cup of Crystal Light Decaf Iced Tea.

Snack: two fistfulls (but keep in mind I have hands the size of a 9 year old) of Jelly Belly's. 8 Reduced Fat Ritz Crackers. Diet 7 Up. Obviously I am not completely rid of the flu and I am not completely committed to eating healthy either. But this is about trying to nail down a routine of writing down EVERYTHING I eat. Once I have established that habit, then I will work on the part about WHAT I am eating. Dont' judge. It makes sense to me. And in order for me to do this, I think it needs to make sense to me first. Make sense?

Dinner: The chicken dish I mentioned previously. We have leftovers. Although my tummy isn't feeling so hot, so I'm not eating it. I'm not hungry. Who knew Jelly Belly's and Ritz crackers could be so filling? Maybe I'll have some rice or some more Ritz Reduced Fat Crackers and skip the Jelly Belly's this time around.

1 comment:

GeekMommy said...

Go Devra!!!

Me, I've learned that journaling food backfires for me :( I get obsessive, then I think about nothing but food, then I implode.

I do have to say that the Flu weight loss method is a bit extreme! ;)

Next time I see you? Thinner versions of us will hug!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin Bookmark and Share