Friday, September 5, 2008

Working from home has special challenges when it comes to PHC (Pie Hole Control)

I have a home office, it is painted blue which is supposed to be an appetite suppressing color. I chose the color on purpose to help me have an environment which would support my goal of losing weight and being healthier. Now I need to figure out how to control my access to the refrigerator. There it is. In our kitchen. Filled with food. Yes I have healthy stuff in there, but even too much of a good thing isn't so good. Particularly where my fat ass is concerned. But what might help me with this challenge?

My first plan was to wear this around the house. What I like about it is it's inexpensive, and a neutral color. But my friend Laurel pointed out that I could easily put a straw thru the hole and go to town on milkshakes, Frosties and/or melted Blizzards. Dammit. Next!





Second idea was to don one of these.
A big plus is it comes with a lock and since it is black, it would transition easily from summer to fall, to winter to spring. It could also has a key ring. I don't know abotu you, but I am constantly losing my keys in the house. However, there are some very serious drawbacks. Mainly it would be difficult to participate in conference calls and would give me the worst case of hat hair ever. Next!









I considered this helmet. Pros include a little more formal than the leather mask and greater air flow. Cons are it wouldn't go with gold jewelry and I would have to use a speaker phone all the time as it lacks ear holes. So, not the best choice either. Next!




Finally I remembered a fencing class I took many years ago...





People, I think we may have a winner!

1 comment:

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Any chance you have two of those lying around?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin Bookmark and Share