Friday, May 23, 2008

Something I've never said before as a parent, but am saying it now...

Devra says:

"This hurts me more than it hurts you." Who gets stiff and sore just from an fitness assessment? Who? Who? WHO?! Me. Evidently I also awoke this morning having an urge to write a blog post making me sound like a demented owl, but I digress.

For those of you wondering where exactly I hurt, for starters my arms. Had I known it would put me in this condition, I never would have whipped Sarah's ass in push-ups. I'm more than paying for it now. My legs ache which means going upstairs for any reason will pose some challenges. But, I am a problem solver. I always try to find a solution.

I am seriously considering living for the next few days on the ground floor of our house and bathing in the powder room sink.

Edited to add: For the record Sarah is exagerating for dramatic effect. Something I would never do. You can count on me to tell it to you straight; I did 26 push-ups. While the push-ups may have been easier for me given my proximity to the ground, Sarah had a big advantage with the Step Test. For the record, because I am not overly dramatic, the "Step" was practically as high as my neck and for Sarah it barely reached her ankle.

5 comments:

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Thank God we don't exaggerate.

Devra said...

We're committed to truthiness. Yo.

Kathy Gillen said...

For the past month I've been getting up at 6:00 to work out. My bathing suit was whining from the drawer, and I knew I couldn't calm its fears until I firmed my abs! I found a new ab work out On Demand tv and my sides are so sore. In all my years of exercise and childbearing and child caring, I never even knew I had muscles where they now ache! Keep up the losing...love the site.

Susan said...

Good for you! I've been blogging about the Loser thing for a few months myself, and I'm nothing but glad (except when I encounter a particularly delicious cake or a rough day at the office). I look forward to seeing fitter you(s) at BlogHer! Me, too.

Anonymous said...

O...M...G...you guys, good luck and I so wish I lived closer. Because, I am such a "Loser Mom" AND a self-professed Queen of the Dorks!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin Bookmark and Share