Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I Might Like You Better if We Sweat Together...

especially if we Sweat For The Cure. I'm not talking about getting all hot and bothered about this guy. I'm referring to Sarah and I walking in the Komen National Race For The Cure.
You know what was hot? The weather. But could Sarah and I even whine the least little bit? No. Why? Because this muthah was the DC Metro Moms Blogger's team captain and she is 8 months pregnant. Totally trumps us in every way.

Sarah and I both completed the 5k walk and I don't think either of us got any blisters or pulled a hamstring. We are in amazing shape. Oh yes we are! We were able to walk at a decent pace. Look, not long ago we weren't even thinking about the word "pace." This is a very good sign that our work outs are working out.

Sarah was walking with her aunt, a breast cancer survivor. I was walking in memory of my grandmother and my mother in law. In addition walking for loved ones here and gone, our team also walked in celebration of Susan, our fellow DC Metro Mom blogger who is very much HERE!

If you would like to make a donation, you can still do so. Here.

Now go check out the pics from the day:
www.flickr.com

This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called DC Metro Moms Race for the Cure 08. Make your own badge here.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin Bookmark and Share